Saturday, November 9, 2013

Charlotte's Web



This week's featured film on Ollie's blog is Charlotte's Web by E.B. White - Director Gary Winick.

This Saturday we got to be home early enough to be able to watch a movie with our little owl, before bed time. As we flipped through the family movies on Netflix, I saw Charlotte's Web! Who has not read the book, so I thought my little owl would like this movie and I was right. She was very entertained with all the talking farm animals and believe it or not was following the plot pretty good for a three year old. I have to say that I loved the movie just as much as I loved the book! And my little one did too! The animation of the animals was just so realistic (Charlotte was so cute, and I'm not very fond of spiders) They did a great job representing each character's personalities. In short, awesome movie!

Just like I mentioned before, ask your kids what they like about movies they watch and their answers will amaze you either with straight up short honesty like: " I liked it" or "I loved it". Or with an amazing story, question or re-tell of their favorite part. I cried at the end, I couldn't help it! My little one took a look at me and just gave me a big hug.  So when I asked her if she liked the movie, her reply was very authentic: "Yes I did mamma, I'm Wilbur and you are Charlotte". It was too cute!

The true message/lesson of this movie was aimed at us adults. We can learn so much from our kids, we just have to listen. Their innocence makes them transparent and true. Let's pay attention.

Did you read the book when you were a kid? Have you watched the movie? Did you like both?

I would love to read your comments so please share!

Until next time. Be good little owls. Bye-bye!

Karla


1 comment:

  1. I think I am going to watch it tonight, after reading this post I think Destiny would like it!!!

    ReplyDelete